About Sacramento Stonewall Democrats
Stonewall Democrats of Sacramento is a chapter of the National Stonewall Democrats.
The mission of the Stonewall Democratic Club of Greater Sacramento is to advance equal rights for all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We will support public policies that advance that mission in the United States , the State of California , and the greater Sacramento area.
We will help elect qualified, openly lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people to public office, as well as Democratic Party candidates that support equal rights for the LGBT community.
We will work to sensitize and educate all Democratic candidates and office holders, the Democratic Party in general, and the community at large, to the issues and concerns of the LGBT community. Conversely, within the LGBT community we will promote the Democratic Party's broad message of economic justice and social equality.
To achieve this mission, the Stonewall Democratic Club of Greater Sacramento will work:
- To lead our party to improve its record and speak out on issues of importance to the LGBT communities, and to work for the nomination and election of Democratic candidates, including qualified openly LGBT candidates.
- To achieve diversity in our membership and our governing bodies.
- To elect openly LGBT people to local office and to achieve appointments of openly LGBT people to city and county boards and commissions in the greater Sacramento area who will be fully supportive of our fight for equality and against bigotry and intolerance.
- To take a position on candidates and ballot measures.
- To register voters who support the Club's mission and encourage their participation in the electoral process.
- To educate the LGBT communities, and people who are supportive of them, on the equal rights issues we face and assist them in that struggle.
- With other LGBT groups and individuals to promote our mission of equality.
- With other local grassroots Democratic Clubs in the greater Sacramento Area, and our non-gay allies, in order to advance the prominence of openly LGBT people within the Democratic Party.